Three Texas Tech Football Players Named Semifinalists for Earl Campbell Award
Monday afternoon, the Tyler, Texas-based Earl Campbell Tyler Rose Award announced their 2015 Semifinalist List. Three Texas Tech players made the semifinalist list.
In alphabetical order, the 16 semifinalists are:
- J.T. Barrett, Ohio State, QB, Sophomore - Wichita Falls, TX (Rider HS)
- Trevone Boykin, TCU, QB, Senior - Dallas, Texas (West Mesquite HS)
- Corey Coleman, Baylor, WR, Junior - Richardson, Texas (Pearce HS)
- Josh Doctson, TCU, WR, Senior - Mansfield, Texas (Legacy HS)
- Keyarris Garrett, Tulsa, WR, Senior - Daingerfield, Texas (Daingerfield HS)
- Jakeem Grant, Texas Tech, WR, Senior - Mesquite, Texas (Mesquite Horn HS)
- Aaron Green, TCU, TB, Senior - San Antonio, Texas (Madison HS)
- Christian Kirk, Texas A&M, WR, Freshman - Scottsdale, AZ (Saguaro HS)
- Shock Linwood, Baylor, RB, Junior - Linden, Texas (Linden-Kildare HS)
- Patrick Mahomes, Texas Tech, QB, Sophomore - Whitehouse, Texas (Whitehouse HS)
- Baker Mayfield, Oklahoma, QB, Junior - Austin, Texas (Lake Travis HS)
- Samaje Perine, Oklahoma, RB, Soph. - Pfllugerville, Texas (Hendrickson HS)
- Larry Rose, III, New Mexico State, RB, Soph - Fairfield, Texas (Fairfield HS)
- Greg Ward Jr., Houston, QB, Junior - Tyler, Texas (John Tyler HS)
- DeAndre Washington, Texas Tech, RB, Sr - Missouri City, TX (Thurgood Marshall)
- James Washington, Oklahoma State, WR, Sophomore - Stamford, Texas (Stamford HS)
Boykin was the 2014 Earl Campbell Award winner and former Baylor QB Bryce Petty, won the inaugural award in 2013.
The Earl Campbell Award is presented to college football's Offensive Player of the Year, with a Texas connection, by SporTyler and the Tyler Chamber of Commerce. The finalists will be announced in December and the award will be presented in January 2016.