Coronado High School Announces 2020 Commencement Exercise
Lubbock ISD will be able to celebrate Coronado High School 2020 graduation with a commencement exercise on Saturday, June 6th.
The exercise will happen at 8 p.m. at PlainsCapital Park, and social distancing will be rigorously maintained at all times.
Graduates and/or family members who are immunocompromised are being asked to not attend the ceremony in-person. The graduation will be televised live on Fox 34 News Now channel 34-2, Suddenlink cable channel 9, NTS cable channel 705, AT&T U-verse cable channel 1032, and Dish Network channel 32. It will also be live streamed on NFHS Network and on the Lubbock ISD Facebook page.
Each graduate will be allowed five tickets for family and guests.
From the district:
Before the ceremony (GRADUATES):
- Graduates who self transport to the stadium will park in the South parking lot and will be escorted to their seat on the field.
- There will not be a rehearsal for this event, so arrive no later than 7:15 p.m., wearing cap, gown, and regalia.
- Wear comfortable, lightweight clothing under your gown, but attire that is reflective of the dignity of the occasion.
- No high heels will be allowed on the turf or track.
- Wedges are permissible.
- A bottle of cold water will be provided to each graduate courtesy United Supermarkets.
- Graduates will be seated on the stadium field six feet apart.
- Graduates will not be permitted to carry backpacks or purses onto the field.
- There will not be a processional, but there will be a recessional of graduates.
Before the ceremony (GUESTS):
- It is strongly recommended that you wear a face mask and protective gloves.
- Stadium seating is limited to 2,850 people, equally divided between the West and East stands.
- Your ticket designates which side of the field and parking lot to utilize.
- Guests will not be allowed to mingle in the parking lots and must arrive together at the stadium before entry will be permitted to the concourse.
- You must show your ticket for entry, but will be allowed to keep it.
- Lubbock ISD nurses will be at the gates to perform a quick health screening.
- You will not be admitted to the stadium if you are ill.
- Guests will be given a program and a bottle of cold water provided by United Supermarkets.
- There will be no concessions.
- Restrooms will be available, but entrance controlled by monitors to control social distancing.
- Hand sanitation stations will be located at every gate and restroom.
- There will be no access to the PCP community room or press box.
- Seating in the stands will maintain six-foot separation.
- Seating arrangements will be closely monitored and social distancing requirements strictly enforced at all times.
- Alternate stadium rows will be closed off and two vacant seats will separate families during the course of the proceedings.
- Those who fail to adhere to these social distancing requirements may be required to leave the stadium.
- Wear comfortable, lightweight clothing, but attire that is reflective of the dignity of the occasion.
- Wear sturdy and comfortable footwear.
- All guests will be subject to PCP security requirements and the clear bag policy will be enforced.
During the ceremony:
- Diploma covers, honor plaques, and other awards will be presented to graduates.
- Handshakes or embraces will not be permitted. There must be no skin-to-skin contact.
- After the graduate receives his/her diploma, a photo will be taken by Lubbock ISD Communications and Community Relations which will be made available online.
Following the ceremony:
- There will be controlled egress from the field and stands.
- Graduates will not be permitted to congregate with their classmates or families on the concourse or in the parking lots.
- Lubbock ISD Police will be on hand to provide security and promote social distancing.
- You are strongly encouraged to walk directly from the stadium to your vehicle and leave the premises.
Teapioca Lounge Opens in Lubbock, Texas