The Dallas Cowboys coughed up a 24-10 lead in the 4th quarter as Nick Folk kicked a 50-yard field goal with 27 seconds left, giving the New York Jets a 27-24 comeback victory over the Dallas Cowboys.  Last night's game was the final game of the NFL's first full Sunday with the commemoration of the 10-year anniversary of the September 11th terrorist attacks as an emotional backdrop.

Miscues doomed the Cowboys again.  With the game tied at 24, the Cowboys had a chance for a winning drive with 59 seconds left, but Tony Romo was intercepted on the first play by Darrelle Revis, who returned it 20 yards to Dallas' 34. Four plays later, Folk kicked the go-ahead field goal against his former team.

"We win that football game if I don't do what I did," Romo said. "It's hard to swallow."

The Jets tied it with 5 minutes left when Isaiah Trufant, promoted from the practice squad Saturday, ran in a blocked punt from 18 yards for a touchdown. Joe McKnight ran up the middle unblocked and got his hands on Mat McBriar's kick, which bounced right into Trufant's hands.

It appeared the Cowboys were going to take a two-touchdown lead midway through the fourth quarter when Jason Whitten's 64-yard catch put the ball at the Jets 3. Three plays later, Romo scrambled, then tried to run it in up the middle, but was sacked by Mike DeVito. The quarterback lost the ball -- and it was recovered by nose tackle Sione Pouha.The Jets turned over the ball a few minutes later when a blitzing Danny McCray sacked Sanchez, hitting him from behind and knocking the ball loose.

"It was such a bonehead move and there's no excuse for that," Sanchez said. "That just can't happen. After that, we needed a big play and we got it on special teams."But the Cowboys couldn't take advantage when they had two penalties and were forced to punt -- the play that swung the momentum in the Jets' favor.

Tony Romo passed for 23/36 for 342 yards with 2 touchdowns and 1 interception and he also had the 1 fumble.

Information from the Associated Press used in this report