Lubbock’s Second Dog Park Opens May 11
Less than a month after Lubbock's first and very popular dog park opened, a second will open soon. Hub City Unleashed, the name of Lubbock's second dog park, will open on Friday, May 11th. Hub City Unleashed is located in Clapp Park at 46th and Avenue U just north of Safety City.
Hub City Unleashed is smaller than the dog park located in Mackenzie Park but will still have two areas for dogs to run around in. Dogs 30 pounds and larger will have 1.1 acres to run around in and smaller dogs will have .31 acre. Like Lubbock's first dog park, Hub City Unleashed will feature double gates, benches, and water stations.
The rules for Hub City Unleashed are the same as the Canyon Run Dog Park.
Dog Park Rules• Use park at your own risk.
• Owners are legally responsible for the actions and behavior of their dog(s) at all times.
• Dogs must be leashed while entering and exiting the dog park.
• Dog waste must be cleaned up by their owners IMMEDIATELY.
• Owners must be within the dog park and supervising their dog(s) with leash readily available.
• Dog handlers must be at least 16 years of age.
• Children under 13 must be accompanied by an adult and supervised at all times.
• Dogs should be under voice control. Excessive barking is not allowed.
• All dogs must wear a collar with a current rabies tag and identification.
• Owners should fill any holes their dog(s) digs.
Prohibited:• Human and dog food and treats
• Glass containers
• Dogs in heat
• Sick dogs
• Aggressive dogs
• Puppies under 4 months