Enter your number to get our free mobile app

The National Ranching Heritage Center will be adding to its historic collection of buildings on Wednesday when the Spur Ranch Trinity Mission is moved from its current location to the NRHC.

According to a press release from the National Ranching Heritage Center, the one-room Spur Ranch Trinity Mission is a 20th century Episcopal mission that was built on Spur Ranch. It was originally thought to have been built in 1910 or 1912, but so far can only be confirmed to the early 20th century.

The Episcopal Diocese of Northwest Texas moved the mission in 1949 from Spur Ranch to Hereford and then in 1955 moved the building to Brownfield.

According to the press release, 11 donors and more than $100,000 in donations made the move and restoration possible.

Due to its height, there is really only one way to move the mission to the National Ranching Heritage Center according to the press release. That also means the mission will be moved, slowly, through three different counties:

C.B. Madewell and Sons House Moving in Levelland will move the early 20th century structure from Brownfield to Lubbock...After entering Lubbock via the Clovis Highway (84), the movers will turn onto north Indiana Ave. and proceed to 7th Street, which is a small road between the Museum of Texas Tech and the International Cultural Center. The mover will bring the structure into the NRHC west gate and carefully maneuver around other historic structures to rest the mission on a cement foundation between the Barton House and the 80 John Wallace House close to the Marsha Sharp Parkway.

Below are the maps of how the mission will travel to Lubbock.

 

Google Maps

There is no firm timeline of the move, other than it will be a slow one to the National Ranching Heritage Center. Once the move is complete, the mission will be the 52nd building on site.