The Man Who Assaulted a Lubbock Teenager Is Still Missing, But She’s Recovering Very Well [VIDEO]
We shared this story from a link I saw on my Facebook feed way back on June 19th. Although the person who committed this horrible attack is still hiding, his victim looks like she is doing really well today.
Solidad Analyssa Marie Torres is healing more and more every day from her injuries, both physically and emotionally. Thankfully, this horrible experience hasn't wiped the beautiful smile from her face.
Now that Solidad is improving, let's all hope that her alleged attacker, Dameon Marmelejo, gets caught ASAP! And if you or someone you know has some of the same warning signs of an abusive relationship, there are ways you can help.
First look for the warning signs:
- Extreme jealousy
- A bad temper
- Cruelty to animals
- Verbal abuse
- Extremely controlling behavior
- Antiquated beliefs about roles of women and men in relationships
- Forced sex or disregard of their partner's unwillingness to have sex
- Sabotage of birth control methods or refusal to honor agreed upon methods
- Blaming the victim for anything bad that happens
- Sabotage or obstruction of the victim's ability to work or attend school
- Controls all the finances
- Abuse of other family members, children or pets
- Accusations of the victim flirting with others or having an affair
- Control of what the victim wears and how they act
- Demeaning the victim either privately or publicly
- Embarrassment or humiliation of the victim in front of others
- Harassment of the victim at work
If you think abuse is happening, call the National Domestic Violence Hotline anonymously for help: 1-800-799-7233 (SAFE) or 1-800-787-3224 (TTY). Call now because, tomorrow might really be too late.
And if you have any information about the suspect in Solidad's beating, Dameon Marmelejo, please call the Crime Line at: 741-1000.
Lubbock Police Searching for Dameon Marmelejo