Lubbock House Fire Injures One Person
One person was transported to the hospital Monday morning (June 18) following a house fire in Northeast Lubbock.
The fire happened around 8:30 a.m. in the 2900 block of East Colgate. Lubbock Fire Rescue was able to quickly extinguish the fire.
Out of the three occupants in the house, one was taken by ambulance to the hospital for treatment of minor burns and smoke inhalation.
An investigation by the Lubbock Fire Marshal's Office found the fire was started by someone smoking in bed while using oxygen. The fire has been ruled as accidental.