There weren't many arrests made during a destructive incident on Broadway Street after Texas Tech's historic Final Four win against Michigan State. But there may be soon.

According to the Lubbock Police Department, they're currently working with officials at Texas Tech University to identify individuals captured on video and in photos destroying property late Saturday night. A car was flipped during the incident, its windshield smashed. Also, a couch, along with Lime scooters, were burned.

"Those engaged in violent behavior or destruction of property will face criminal charges to include criminal mischief, arson and riot," the statement read in part.

No injuries were cited by the department, though some officers responding to the incident were hit with bottles, police said. The price tag of the damage is currently unknown.

LPD noted that extra precautions are being planned for Monday night's NCAA Tournament Championship Game, including roads to be closed off around Texas Tech University campus.

Here is the full statement from the Lubbock Police Department:

The Lubbock Police Department is currently investigating several incidents of property damage on Broadway after the Texas Tech Men’s Basketball win over Michigan State Saturday night. Investigators will continue to gather information, photos and videos and work with the Lubbock Fire Marshal’s Office to pursue charges against those suspects.

Starting before the game, LPD had additional resources spread throughout the city in anticipation of large celebrations. At approximately 10 p.m., a large crowd of several thousand people began to gather in the Broadway area near Texas Tech.

LPD officers already on scene quickly contained the crowd to a one block area to allow them to continue to celebrate the win. During the celebration a small group of people began to damage property including flipping a car and setting several scooters on fire.

Due to the crowd’s rowdy nature, officers on standby moved in and ordered the crowd to disperse. Tear gas was eventually deployed to break up the crowd causing problems.

At approximately 1:45 a.m., the roads were cleared and reopened.

Despite several people being uncooperative, officers being taunted and hit by bottles, officers showed great restraint in dispersing the crowd and successfully containing several thousand people to a small isolated area.

While the main goal last night was to disperse the crowd, the focus has now shifted to the criminal investigations. Those engaged in violent behavior or destruction of property will face criminal charges to include criminal mischief, arson and riot. LPD is also working with Texas Tech officials to identify students potentially involved in the Saturday night crimes.

LPD and several other agencies such as Lubbock Fire Rescue, EMS, Lubbock County Sheriff’s Office, Department of Public Safety, and Texas Tech Police Department continue to prepare for Monday’s game and post celebrations. Community members should again expect road closures around the Texas Tech area.

LPD would like to thank those fans who celebrated responsibly and we wish the Texas Tech basketball team good luck in the National Championship.

More From Talk 103.9 & 1340