20 Festive Cocktail Ideas for New Year’s Eve
Here are some great cocktail ideas for help your celebrate the new year.
Get our free mobile app
- Simple and classic! Grab a bottle of your favorite champagne and get ready to say cheers.
- Don’t like champagne? Prosecco is similar, but has a different flavor profile you might like.
Vanilla Cranberry Mimosa
- 1 1/2 ounces of vanilla flavored vodka
- 1 1/2 ounces of cranberry juice
- sparkling wine (champagne, prosecco, cava)
- fresh cranberries
- whole vanilla beans
- Shake juice and vodka with ice, strain into champagne flute, top with sparkling wine, garnish with fresh berries and vanilla bean
- 1 ounce vodka
- 1 ounce 100% pomegranate juice
- ½ ounce Cointreau
- ½ ounce lemon juice
- ½ ounce simple syrup or maple syrup
- Shake with ice, strain into martini glass, garnish with lemon peel.
- 32 ounces cranberry juice
- 2 cups orange juice
- 1 bottle Sparkling Apple Cider 750ml/25.4 ounces
- 2 liters ginger ale
- 1 cup Everclear or Vodka
- Combine ingredients in pitcher/punch bowl, top with orange slices and fresh cranberries.
Toasted Almond Drink
- 1 1/2 ounces amaretto liqueur
- 1 1/2 ounces coffee liqueur
- 2 ounces cream, or milk
- Shake ingredients over ice, strain into whiskey glass.
- 1/4 c. salt
- 4 oz. lime juice
- 3 oz. tequila
- 2 oz. triple sec
- Sparkling wine, such as prosecco or cava
- Shake everything but the sparkling win over ice, strain into margarita glass, top with wine, garnish with lime wedge.
- 2 ounces bourbon
- 2 ounces cranberry juice
- 2 ounces orange juice
- Shake with ice, strain into glass with ice, garnish with fresh cranberries.
Pomegranate Gin Fizz
- 1/2 cup gin
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 cup pomegranate juice
- Splash of lime juice
- 1/4 cup club soda or ginger ale
- Shake everything but the soda with ice, strain into glass with ice, top with soda, garnish with pomegranate seeds and lime slices.
- 2 ounces vodka
- 1/2 ounce coffee liqueur (usually Kahlúa)
- 1 ounce espresso, freshly brewed (or cold brew concentrate)
- 1/2 ounce simple syrup
- Shake with ice, strain into martini glass, garnish with coffee beans.
- 3 to 4 tablespoons Crème de Cassis
- 1 (750 ml) bottle dry sparkling wine or Champagne, chilled
- 1/4 cup fresh raspberries, optional
- Add Crème de Cassis to champagne flute, top with sparkling wine, garnish with fresh raspberries
- 1½ ounces gin
- ¾ ounce fresh lemon juice
- ¾ ounce simple syrup
- 2 ounces Champagne
- Shake everything but champagne with ice, strain into champagne flute, top with champagne, garnish with lemon twist.
- Just the same as the French 75, but replace the gin with elderflower liqueur.
Chambord and Champagne
- 1 ounce Chambord Liqueur
- 6 ounces chilled Champagne, or to taste
- Fresh raspberries
- Combine in champagne flute, garnish with raspberries.
- 2 ounces vodka
- 1/4 ounce creme de cassis
- 1 3/4 ounces pineapple juice
- Shake with ice, strain into cocktail glass.
St Germain Champagne Cocktail
- 2 ounces St. Germain liqueur
- 14 ounces dry Champagne, or sparkling wine
- Combine in cocktail glass, garnish with lemon peel, fresh strawberries, or peach slices
- 3 oz Vodka
- 1 oz Orange liqueur Triple sec or contreau
- 1.5 oz Simple syrup
- 3 oz Cranberry juice
- Shake with ice, strain into martini glass, garnish with fresh cranberries
- Combine orange juice and champagne to taste.
- Combine peach juice and sparkling wine to taste
- 3 ounces Gin
- 6 ounces tomato juice
- 1 ounce freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 6 dashes Tabasco
- 3 dashes worcestershire sauce
- 2 pinches celery salt
- 2 pinches freshly ground black pepper
- Shake with ice, strain into glass with ice, optional: rim glass with black pepper and celery salt.
- Don't let the kids or your sober friends feel left out! Take out the alcohol, substitute the sparkling wine or champagne, and make some of these cocktails for them!
What Produce Should You Be Buying in Texas This Winter?
5 of Lubbock Local's Favorite Places to Get Hot Chocolate
20 Photos of a Stunning New South Lubbock Home for a Reasonable Price
This Lubbock home is currently for sale.