Is Texas a Part of This Major Coca-Cola, Sprite, and Minute Maid Recall?
Coca-cola recently recalled some of their products, including Minute Maid and Sprite beverages.
Eight states are impacted by this recall. Those eight states include Pennsylvania, Connecticut, New York, North Carolina, Maryland, Virginia, Maine, and New Jersey. So those of us in Texas can breathe a sigh of relief.
The recall was made due to possible foreign metal objects in the drinks, like bolts and washers. There are only select batches of drinks that are a part of this specific recall.
Here are the drinks and batch numbers that are a part of the recall:
- Minute Maid Berry Punch — Date codes Jan0422 NP and Jan0522 NP, Batch 0010323455 and 0010259344 (recall F-0276-2022).
- Minute Maid Strawberry Lemonade — Date code: Jan0322 NP, Batch: 0010259346 (recall F-0277-2022).
- Minute Maid Fruit Punch — Date Code: JAN0522 NP Batch: 0010323454 (recall F-0278-2022).
- Coca-Cola 12-ounce cans: Date Code: AUG 1522 WM B.
- Coca-Cola 12-ounce cans: Date Code: AUG 1522 WM C.
- Sprite 12-ounce cans: Date Code: AUG 1522 WM B.
If you happened to purchase one of these drinks in one of the affected states this year, and still have them on your shelf, they are asking that you do not consume them. Although these batches were made months ago, they do not expire until 2022, meaning that some people might still have them in their homes and haven't consumed them yet.
Although it’s highly unlikely for those of us in Texas to be impacted, if you think the drink you purchased might be affected, please check the listed batch numbers and date codes to see if they match with the one on the can or bottle of your drink.