Accidental Fire at Lubbock Church Seriously Injures Two People
A fire broke out at a Lubbock church on Wednesday, September 15th and left 2 men with serious burns.
KAMC News reports that it all happened just before noon at the Broadway Church of Christ, located in the 1900 block of Broadway Street.
2 men were said to have been installing a new water liner with a flammable adhesive in the baptistry. Lubbock Fire Rescue specified that they were also using a plastic welding tool.
While working, one of the men is said to have placed the tool in its case before it had cooled off, heating the case until it eventually caught fire. The fire from the case managed to ignite the vapors coming off the adhesive. This led to a flash fire, which seriously injured the 2 men.
Firefighters quickly arrived on the scene and were able to extinguish the fire. It's been determined that only around 2% of the entire building had been damaged.
The 2 men were transported to a nearby emergency room with serious burns. As of Friday, September 17th, no update had been provided on their conditions. The names of the 2 were not provided in reports.
Remembering the Lubbock Municipal Coliseum
Expensive Airbnb Stays in Lubbock, Texas