15 Delicious Cocktail Ideas for Your Christmas Party
Get our free mobile app
With Christmas on the way, many of us are planning out the ultimate holiday party. Whether you plan to serve a meal, play games, or just spend quality time together, it is always fun to have a signature cocktail to serve your guests.
Here are 15 different holiday cocktail ideas that you can serve to impress your friends and family:
Candy Cane Shots
- ¾ Ounce peppermint vodka
- ¾ Ounce white chocolate liqueur
- Shake with ice, rim shot glass with crushed candy canes, pour into shot glass, enjoy.
You can make your own, or simply use your favorite store-bought eggnog. Add one to two ounces of rum, brandy, or bourbon per serving depending on desired strength. Serve warm or cold depending on preference.
- 2 packets Unsweetened Lemon-Lime Kool-Aid
- 2 Cups Sugar
- 1 12oz Can Pineapple Juice
- 1 12oz Frozen Lemonade Concentrate, thawed
- 1/2 liter of Sprite
- Mix Kool-Aid packets and sugar with 2 quarts water, add pineapple juice and lemonade concentrate. Pour over ice and top with sprite. Optional: rim the glass with red sprinkles/sanding sugar. You can also add vodka to taste if you want it to be alcoholic.
Cranberry Whisky Sour
- 1 ½ oz whiskey
- ¾ oz lemon juice
- 3 oz cranberry juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Shake with ice and serve over fresh ice in a whisky glass. Optional: Garnish with lemon peel and fresh cranberries.
Peppermint White Russian
- 1 ounce Peppermint Schnapps
- 1 ounce Kahlúa
- 1 ounce vodka
- 3 ounces milk or half and half
- Shake everything but milk/half and half with ice, pour into glass and top with milk/half and half. Optional: rim glass with peppermints and sugar.
Sugar Cookie Martini
- 1 1/2 ounces vanilla vodka
- 1 1/2 ounces Irish cream
- 2 ounces whole milk
- 1 ounce amaretto
- 1 teaspoon powdered sugar
- Shake ingredients with ice, serve in chilled martini glass. Optional: Rim glass with vanilla frosting and sprinkles.
White Christmas Margarita (Serves 6)
- 10 ounces silver tequila
- 8 ounces grand marnier
- 8 ounces lime juice
- 8 ounces coconut water
- 8 ounces canned coconut milk
- 6 ounces coconut cream
- 6 ounces coconut rum
- 6 ounces simple syrup
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- Mix all ingredients together well. Serve over ice. Optional: garnish with fresh cranberries and a sprig of rosemary.
- 5 cups orange juice
- 1 cup vodka
- ⅓ cup orange liqueur
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup maraschino cherry juice
- Stir ingredients together and serve over ice. Optional: garnish with fruit-flavored candy cane, maraschino cherries and/or lemon slices
Mistletoe Jello Shots
- 4 ounces vodka
- 8 ounces boiling water
- 3 ounces lime Jello
- Mix Jello powder with boiling water. Allow to cool before adding vodka. Pour into shot glasses and let set in fridge. Optional: top with whipped cream and sprinkles before serving.
Cranberry Mimosa (serves 8)
- 1 ½ cups cranberry juice
- ½ cup Grand Marnier
- 1 bottle of chilled champagne
- Combine ingredients in a pitcher and let chill in fridge before serving. Optional: garnish with fresh cranberries and rosemary.
- 2 teaspoons packed brown sugar
- 4 ounces strong, hot coffee
- 1 1/2 ounces Irish whiskey
- 1 ounce heavy cream, lightly whipped
- Combine sugar, whiskey, and coffee in a heat-proof mug. Top with whipped cream. Serve hot.
Wassail (serves 10)
- 2 apples
- 8 cups apple cider
- 2 cups orange juice
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 15 whole cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 Tablespoon light brown sugar
- Simmer all ingredients in a pot for 30-45 minutes. Remove apples, cinnamon sticks, and cloves when done cooking. Serve hot in a heat-proof mug.
Pecan Pie Martini (serves 6)
- 6 ounces rumchata
- 6 ounces creme de cacao
- 3 ounces bourbon
- 3 ounces half-and-half
- Shake over ice and serve in chilled martini glass. Optional: rim glass with caramel sauce and chopped pecans.
- One lime wedge, along with the juice and reserved zest of one half
- 1.5 oz citrus vodka or regular vodka
- 2 oz cranberry juice
- 1 oz Cointreau
- Shake ingredients with ice and serve in chilled martini glass. Optional: rim glass with crushed candy cane or sugar.
- 1 cup vodka
- 1 cup Prosecco
- 1/2 cup Blue Curaçao
- 1/2 cup lemonade
- 6 cups ice
- Blend ingredients together and serve. Optional: rim glass with white sugar.
Lubbock Christmas Events You Need To Go To
See Some Amazing Entries From Light Up East Texas 2022
East Texans are lighting up the house this year!
Colorful Flocked Christmas Trees
Timberland Nursery in Lufkin is bringing all of the colors of the rainbow out to celebrate Christmas.